You may have a huge business and a bigger website to promote it all, but maintain the content and fixing the bugs on the site is something of another mammoth task. Though, you may have money to hire and open up a complete wing for website maintenance, but it is still advised not to do that. Instead, most of the businessmen give the contract for doing all the necessary tasks for their website.
What are the necessary tasks for the upkeep of the website?
Creating a website for business and then launching it up on the cyber realm is a short yet complex process. Even when the site is up and running, it becomes a great responsibility to keep it that way through various means. Here hiring an in-house team to do the needful will always cost more than hiring a company to take over all website work. This is because there are few necessary tasks that have to be carried out for the upkeep of the site.
- Website designing: This is the first step towards getting the things started. A good design that will accommodate the content and also be user friendly is of utmost requirement.
- Server space: After the designing is done, the server space is needed to launch it and make it available online. The server space could be on dedicated, shared or virtual machines. Many companies buy their own machines, but strategically it is best to hire rather than own.
- Updates: Website has to be updated regularly, so the visitors may know what’s happening with the company and what kind of products are coming up.
- SEO: The website has to be optimised properly for the search engines, so it is ranked atop SERP successfully. If the website won’t be there in the first page then there is less chances of it being checked by new consumer. This work is best assigned to the SEO professionals who don’t do anything else, but this.
- Bug fixing: If the website also entertains online shopping, then it becomes vital to fix the bug and phishing problems before they doom any transaction. The anti-hacking experts are best to assign these peculiar tasks to.
Overall, everything above could be looked after by a company through its in-house staff, but it will be expensive in terms of man-hours spent that may have been put to good use on production and sales.